Sunday, November 27, 2011

More and More Birthdays

We continue down Birthday Lane, with 4 stops.

1. Happy Birthday, Shaira:

My invitation to this event was an interoffice message from Shaira that said "What are you doing November 5th? We are going out for my birthday and you can't say no." This kind of directness is exactly why I love Shaira. So out we went: Me, Shaira, Ruby, Aidan, and Jessica. A delightfully odd mixture of personailties, but we always manage to have the most fun.
We went to Nicky's Thai Kitchen on the North Side, where we had some of the best Thai food and some of the worst waiters.


Crab Ragoon, Spring Rolls, and Beef Pad Phet, which I ordered at a 9 and yes, I ate the whole thing. My face was on fire.

Shaira, you are a joy in my life. I am so happy Aidan forced me upon you.

2. Happy Birthday, KB:

What do you get the man who has everything? 
Lunch at Capital Grille downtown, probably.
This was fun because I got to call KB and work and make a very important lunch meeting with him, Mr. Bickerstaff and PNC Wealth Management.
More waiter douchery, but still, we had lunch at Capital Grille. So all in all, pretty great.
Crab Cake Burger and Truffle Fries. 

KB, I do not know what I would do without you. You make me laugh, and you know how to put me in my place. I love you more every day.

3. Happy Birthday, Aidan:

Round 2 of work buddy birthdays takes us to Ichiban for sushi, hibachi, and the most racist rendition of Happy Birthday any of us has ever heard

Shrimp and scarrops..... I mean, Scallops.

OH! OH! OH! Also! As is traditional (sort of) I made a cookie cake!

Aidan, Your obsession with grapes is both endearing and unsettling. We are the best BFAW. No matter what the newsletter says. 


4. Happy Birthday, Leonardo:

I'll be honest, I never set out to celebrate Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday, but it happened. Whether I wanted it to or not.


We obviously celebrated hard. Cranberry Brie with Crostini, Cuban with Sweet Potato Fries, Don Ho Burger with Onion Rings. Chocolate Bourbon Pie, Cherry Almond Cheese Pie, and a free brownie that the waiter threw in because he knew we would tip him more if he did. Or possibly he just sensed how much we love to eat.

Leonardo, I have nothing to say to you. But I will say this: I like learning new things about K because it always takes me by surprise. For example: She knows, without being asked or reminded, when Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday is. And she loves Don Ho. Who friggin' knew.


No comments:

Post a Comment