Sunday, November 27, 2011

I've made several huge, tiny (delicious) mistakes

Mistakes were made.

A Carnitas Burrito from Chicken Latino before a staging rehearsal.
I had to run around stage like a Sri Lankan savage with burrito belly. Not only is this thing HUGE, but I also made the mistake of dousing it with what I thought was tomatillo sauce. It was Green Chili sauce. Mouth. On. Fire.

Chicken Oregano from Salonika
Also consumed before a staging rehearsal with similar results to the burrito. But this time I was running around as a Russian Immigrant (anyone coming to see Messiah?). 
A little backstory: Salonika is right near Heinz Hall. When my last boyfriend and I would go see the PSO, he would always try to take me to Salonika, which he loved, and I would refuse because it's kind of a disgusting looking hole in the wall from the outside. Several years later, I went to lunch with Cody and he suggested we go to to this place where I had Avgolemono Soup and lemony potatoes and my life changed. So there you have it. Salonika: The ONE thing my exboyfriend was ever right about.


Two of these at brunch
I don't even remember what it was. Some sort of bourbon cider with a cinnamon stick at Park Bruges with Thrill. We had to take a nap after this.

A pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked
I stayed home from work with a migraine and this was the only thing I ate all day. Because I'm apparently 12 years old.

A bacon mushroom burger from Winghart's in Market Square.
It was Veteran's Day and there were only 4 of us in the office. So I decided to treat myself to my favorite burger in Pittsburgh. For the rest of the day, I was covered in a bacon sheen and smelling of burger.
A little backstory: I stumbled upon this burger joint with Kenny the afternoon before we left for Dewey. We met a ridiculously bearded waiter who introduced himself to us as "Shipwreck" then kissed my hand. We ate these burgers in the sunshine together. It was literally the perfect lunch and the perfect beginning to the most perfect week of my life. So yes, I recommend you go to Winghart's in Market Square. But hands off Shipwreck. He's mine.


I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment