Sunday, November 27, 2011

Brunchings

The perfect Saturday morning involves two things for me: making brunch and seeing my friends. I was lucky enough to have two such Saturdays in a row.

Brunch 1: with KB and Janna
Janna, a DNY regular, came back for a Halloween weekend visit and I got to see her for an all too brief brunch. KB brought scrapple (WHAT!) which I have never eaten before despite having been raised in the wilds of Eastern Pennsylvania, or as I am now going to refer to it: The Scrapple Belt. Cinnamon French Toast Sticks, Pumpkin Waffles, Sausage and Bacon also made an appearance. 



Brunch #2: with Kurishi
Taking advantage of a gorgeous fall Saturday, we walked down the *ahem* historic Liberty Avenue in Bloomfield in search of.... whatever. Three pastries, two Cafe au Laits, and one pound of sweet sausage later, we found ourselves with the makings of this:

Sweet sausage and spinach scramble. That thing on top of my mug is a lemon biscotti.
Which we consumed after a quick stop in the park to share a slice of pumpkin bread.
I really like this picture.


Let's do brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment