Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Good Run

You know how sharks have to keep swimming all the time, or else they die?
That's kind of how I feel recently.
And by "swimming" I mean "driving to Philadelphia for a weekend to eat myself into a coma"
This one was pretty epic.


Philly Take Two:

A Running Club (is that really the name of this band?) gig at the Gryph
(look how happy that drummer is)
Followed by!
Local Burgers from Christopher's

I'm beginning my journey towards locavorism. True, it doesn't make much sense to drive 5 hours to get a local hamburger, but you have to start somewhere, and I prefer to start at Christopher's. This is one of the best burgers I've ever had (Sorry, BRGR), and the perfect follow up to a great gig by some of my favorite musicians. It didn't hurt that I paired it with an Allagash White. Beeeee-autiful.

So, O is pretty amazing. He's jumped on the running bandwagon (after having initially scoffed at me DON'T WORRY I'M NOT HOLDING A GRUDGE OR ANYTHING), and has lost a ton of weight. He looks incredible. And I am super proud of him. He does have this bad habit of totally indulging me, though (which, honestly, I totally love), which results in things like:


Assorted truffles from Eclat including Single Malt Scotch Truffles.
(You should probably stop what you're doing and find a way to get to West Chester right now for some of these. UNBELIEVABLE. We stopped and got this box while taking a lovely sunny stroll through the town. Honestly, I've not a person who craves chocolate very often, but I havent been able to stop thinking about these. Everything is made in house on the premises.)

And 
White Pizza at CPK in the King of Prussia Mall
(We used to tool around the KoP Mall a lot in college, and it turns out we haven't kicked the habit. I'm not complaining. Though I did have a supremely awkward encounter with the salesclerk at the Gap. She told me I have pretty eyes?)

Oh, And

So we got a little carried away. But life is for the living, and this place was stupid good. I don't regret a single bite.
Here's the run down:
Ginger Martini. Kobe Beef on a Hot Rock, Crispy Duck Breast (the other breasts in the picture are decidedly not crispy), Shrimp Tempura and Spicy Tuna roll with Aioli, Green Tea and Tahitian Vanilla Gelato, and Summer Fruit Fondue. And one very happy banana leaf.
I don't really know if there's anything else I can say about this. So I won't say anything.


The next day, before heading home for traditional family dinner (see my previous Kebab post), I had dinner with other people who make me feel like family, Mom, Pops, G, L

And Toby, the wonderCorgi

(The hummus is from the Mediterranean Deli in Forks Township and it is better than any hummus you have ever had. Ever. Guaranteed. I had my first sour ale, which is a problem, because it's all I ever want to drink now. And other assorted deliciousness.)

I've never lived in Philly, but it always feels like coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment