Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Empori-yum

Oh Hi.
Have I told you how I love my apartment? Because I do.
Yeah, my bathroom ceiling caved in three times in one week, and yeah I live in a basement, and yeah there's a crazy cracked out girl who lives above us who literally seems to scream every single day from 8 am to 5 pm. But I live two blocks from the Sharp Edge Beer Emporium, a fact which covers a multitude of sins. So, all in all, I love living in Friendship. 

I finally got a chance to catch up with my friend Bryan. I very rarely get to see Bryan despite the fact that we live in the same mystifyingly small city. So to Sharp edge we go. At the time, I had decided to challenge myself to vegetarianism, which is a challenge I issue to myself about once a month. It usually lasts about two weeks. I am an equal opportunity eater, and I love vegetables, so it isn't necessarily a problem of finding things that I do like to eat, it's finding ways to make myself feel like I don't need to eat meat. Which is difficult because I think meat is delicious. 
Anyway, This happened:
Portobello "pizzas" with roasted red peppers and whole roasted garlic cloves

There was some sort of garlic celebration, hence the whole cloves of roasted garlic. Also, I'm a sucker for anything with roasted red peppers on it.  The portobellos were moist and tasty but still substantial, a good substitute for bread. I washed this deliciousness down with more than one pint of Atwater Vanilla Java Porter, which is my current jam beer-wise.

After several beers and delicious food, Bryan and I expounded on love and life and music, how complex heartache can be, how people and symphonies can resemble each other. One thing I really appreciate about Bryan is that he can have a meaningful conversation without overweighting it. He is funny and smart and delightful, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to catch up with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment