Saturday, January 29, 2011

This was originally posted on January 25th

If there's one thing that Pittsburgh does very, very well, it's pierogies. Which is, for me, very convenient. I love potatoes. I love pastry. I love sauerkraut. I love cheese. and I love lasagna.

Pierogie Lasagna?



Dreams really do come true.

The geniuses at Tin Front Cafe in Homestead (right near the Waterfront!) created this dish that is absolute brilliance in its simplicity. I've decided to champion this gem of a restaurant, not only because of the lasagna concoction, but also because it's a cozy fun place right off the beaten path. MUCH better than most of the chain restaurants at the Waterfront; locally owned, the all vegetarian menu is inventive and diverse, the people who work there are the sweetest, the tea list is fabulous, etc etc etc.
Go to Homestead. Grab a movie. Do some Shopping. Check out the Tin Front Cafe. ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment