Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Delicious Old Year

2011 ended with what is easily the best New Year's weekend I have ever had. There wasn't a single moment when I was not happy, comfortable, relaxed, and completely full of delicious food.

I hosted Family Dinner on Friday night. Thrill brought crab cakes with the spiciest chipotle mayo. O travelled from Philly, Janna came in from Texas. KB, Sara, Ryan, Carrie, and Bahn completed the ensemble. I made pasta for the first time from scratch. Homemade Orcchiette with Cauliflower, Kale, Sundried Tomato and Sweet Sausage. We did not accomodate for vegetarians. 


 Saturday, Janna and O and I all slept in then spent the laziest day possible getting coffee and baking these:
An impossibly simple Cherry Tomato Tart and Black Bottom Cupcakes.
It's very possible that these two things are the most delicious that I personally made all year. This tomato tart is literally 5 ingredients, and because two of those ingredient are heavy cream and butter, it is unbelievably decadent. The Black Bottom Cupcakes could not possibly be richer and still be edible.

We took advantage of simple and lazy pleasures: Watching TV together, eating the everything, and very slowly preparing for NEW YEARS' EVE. 
Of which no decent food pictures exist, so let's have a list:
Tater Tots with homemade Sage Aioli
Maple Cheddar Fondue
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spicy Crab Dip
Sweet Bites Cookies (thanks, Emily)
Crudites and Boursin Cheese
Deli Wraps
And More Champagne than I have ever ever seen in my life.
I can not imagine anywhere else i would have rather been. Pierogies

Sunday is when DNY finally came full circle. 
Pork and Sauerkraut, Brussel Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries and Bacon, and with Thrill, Aaron, Kelly, and Katie. 
We watched football and ate ourselves nearly into a coma. 
The most beautiful things I have ever seen in my entire life.


Thank you to every silly mustached one of you. Happy New Year, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment