Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Land of the (Gluten) Free

And the home of the Braves... Er, Indians.


This year, I proved that I'm not actually a horrible daughter.
Let me explain.
I have no idea when my dad's birthday is. I have a general idea, but I've asked every year, and it never seems to be the same answer twice, so I just sort of wing it. Compound that with the fact that for the past 2 years, I have forgotten every single birthday in my family, despite having written them in every calendar I have, I haven't been doing so great. So this year, I decided, things would be different.
I am also, as it happens, horrible at buying gifts for Chip. For the life of me, I have no idea what that man ever wants. That is until this year, when I decided to buy him tickets to New Yankee Stadium.

Ok, so it turns out I cant afford tickets to New Yankee Stadium. But I what I can afford is a weekend in Pittsburgh and tickets to Progressive Field to see the Yankees play the Cleveland Indians on the Fourth of July. Which, if you ask me, is way better.



We spent a lot of time in the kitchen
Chicken Florentine with Tabouli, Goat Cheese Frittata, Movie in the Park Picnic


And we spent a lot of time exploring
Natural History Museum Owl, LuLu's Noodles Pork Lard Nar, Croissant French Toast at Pamela's
We did not eat the Owl. I just think it's an amazing picture.

Speaking of amazing pictures.
We are goobers.

No comments:

Post a Comment